To celebrate of the 50th anniversary of both The Incredible Hulk and Spider-Man, this will be the first time I ever hosted a fan art challenge where you, the contestant, are to do a fan art piece based any one of two categories of the Marvel Comics Super-Heroes franchise. Ain't that cool? On to the rules:
- Group pics are welcome
- If your piece is Hulk-related, it can be based on the Hulk comics, the 1966 The Incredible Hulk animated T.V. shorts, 1977 live-action The Incredible Hulk T.V. series, the 1982 The Incredible Hulk animated T.V. series, the 1996 Incredible Hulk animated T.V. series, the upcoming T.V. series Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., or even any of the Hulk movies (the films are 1988's The Incredible Hulk Returns, 1989's The Trial of the Incredible Hulk, 1990's The Death of the Incredible Hulk, 2003's Hulk, and 2008's The Incredible Hulk)
- If your piece is Spidey-related, it can be based Spider-Man comics, on the 1967 Canadian animated T.V. series, the 1974 Spidey Super Stories live-action comedy T.V. shorts, the 1977 live-action T.V. series The Amazing Spider-Man (sequel to the 1977 T.V. film of the same name), the Japanese live-action Spidey show, any U.S. Spidey animated T.V. series (they are the 1981 Spider-man, 1981's Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, 1994's Spider-Man: The Animated Series, 1999's Spider-Man Unlimited, 2003's Spider-Man: The New Animated Series, 2008's The Spectacular Spider-Man, and 2012's Ultimate Spider-Man), or even any of the Spidey films (they are 1977 film mentioned above, 2002's Spider-Man, 2004's Spider-Man 2, 2007's Spider-Man 3, and of course 2012's The Amazing Spider-Man)
- Since this challenge is celebrating the 50th anniversay of both superhero debuts, you're welcome to do a crossover piece between the two categories of teh Marvel Universe franchise as long as you submit it in the "Other Books/Comics" subcategory of this website with a tag reading "crossover comics" since theOtaku.com does not yet have a crossover books/comcs subcategory page
- Can be black-and-white or color
- Can be a drawing, painting, or 2D computer image
- no entry limits
For those of you not familiar with Hulk, the Hulk has a number of allies (such as Rick Jones, She-Hulk, the Hulk's son Skaar, Hercules, Iron Man, Thor, Fantastic Four ally Thundra, Hulk's love interest Betty Ross, and Doc Samson) as well as enemies (such as The Leader, X-Men foe Juggernaut, Fantastic Four's The Thing) Kang the Conqueror, Galaxy Master, Man-Beast, Thaddeus Ross, Wolverine, Metal Master, Grey Gargoyle, and the Hulk's father Brian Banner). You can check out Wikipedia's entry on the Hulk.
New to Spider-Man? Like the Hulk, Spdier-Man is a radiation-affected superhero with his own sets of alies and enemies. Spidey allies include Spidey's aunt May Reiley-Parker, Gwen Stacy (Spidey's first love interest), NY Police Capt. George Stacy, Anti-Venom, Betty Brant, Mary Jane Watson (Spidey's ex-wife), Wolverine, Black Cat, Joseph "Robbie" Robinson, Flash Thompson (the current Venom), Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, the Fantastic Four, include while Spidey foes include Kraven the Hunter, the Lizard, Fantastic Four archfoe Dr. Doom, J. Jonah Jameson (sort of as he hates Spidey to the point of trying to eliminate him, which annoys Spidey himself to no end), Dr. Octopus, Green Goblin, Molten Man, Daredevil foe Kingpin, The Vulture, Chameleon, Mysterio, Michael Morbius, and Sandman. You can check out SpiderFan.org for Spider-Man info.
You have one month to take part in this Marveltastic challenge.