This is for the 50 Nifty United States challenge.
This is Caleb a.k.a Nebraska (The Cornhusker state). Age: 144
Personality: He's somewhat serious overall, but he can be a bit childish. His favorite drink is Kool-Aid (which is the states soft drink, created in 1927 by Edwin Perkins in Hastings, Nebraska. He likes visiting the museum in Hastings.) He loves helping out on his family's farm and is part of the Nebraska Cornhuskers football team since he's very loyal to the sport and the team. He also loves going to watch the baseball players in the College World Series in Omaha and spending time at the Henry Doorly Zoo (which the world's largest indoor rainforest is located.)His nickname used to be the "Tree Planter's State, but was later changed to the "Cornhusker State" in 1945. He's very kind to others and is a very dedicated to anything he does.
He was part of the Kansas-Nebraska Act in 1854. About two years after the American Civil War, Nebraska became the 37th state on March 1, 1867. The capital, which was Omaha when it was a territory, moved to Lancaster later named Lincoln. Back in 1872 in Nebraska City, Nebraska, J. Sterling Morton founded Arbor Day, in which all the states plant trees around the last friday in April.
Other interesting facts:
- Nebraska is the only state that has a unicameral (one house) legislature.
- The motto is "Equality Before the Law"
- Nebraska is the birthplace of the Reuben sandwich
- Whale hunting is illegal in Nebraska (He laughs everytime he hears this law,and it's a real one too.)
- The University of Nebraska-Lincoln weight room is the largest in the country. It covers three-fourths of an acre.