Hi again, everyone!
Yep, I've gotten back into my artwork after a while and I'm loving it (can't spell it without the 'g' because that's McDonald's thing XD).
Anyways, here's my entry for Narie920's "Months Go By" challenge. October seems to be a popular month to turn into a gijinka, but here's my version of her. This is October in North America, characterized by the following:
1. Autumn leaf hair
2. A pumpkin-inspired sweater
3. Harvest moon eyes
4. Cloudy day scarf with Canadian goose feather-inspired fringe (they're protected animals, after all, so no real feathers)
4. Cranberry-colored boots, gloves, and beret
5. Halloween black tights
6. Pumpkin-stem skirt (so she's essentially dressed like an upside-down pumpkin XD)
7. Gold maple leaf belt
8. Firewood brown outlines (this is the second drawing I've done with brown outlines, and I think I like it :D)
She enjoys the aroma (when outdoors) and warmth (when indoors) of lit fireplaces, hot apple cider, pumpkin everything, and going for walks along colorful tree-lined paths (what is this, a dating ad all of a sudden? XD)
Looks-wise, she kind of reminds me of Merida from Brave. It's definitely the hair.
Well, with all that said, enjoy!
This image was sketched in pencil, outlined with Prismacolor fine line markers, scanned, and colored/edited with Manga Studio Debut 3.0 and Photoshop Elements 10. Resizing was done in Microsoft Office Picture Manager (I do this with all of my scanned images, but I seldom include this bit when I'm describing the creative process >_< I just tend to forget about it most of the time).
References included Microsoft clip art of maple leaves and Canadian geese.