Greetings people of TheO, I have another challenge for you all, and this one is rather interesting. What I want you all to do is make a wallpaper that looks like the front page of a newspaper.
This is what I’m talking about: CLICK HERE
So yeah, I basically want you all to do something similar to the wallpaper that I did over a week ago. Now obviously the wallpaper in question doesn’t have to be a Gundam SEED wallpaper. It could be any anime, but it does have look like a newspaper. It can be any kind of newspaper though. It could be a “serious newspaper”, or a cheesy tabloid (though nothing too trashy). One thing that might help would be to find an actual newspaper (or a picture of a newspaper online) and use that as a guide. Keep in mind that you can find plenty of tabloids in supermarket checkout lines.
Now I’m going to warn you all right now that I’m going to be kinda strict when it comes to the rules of this challenge. There’s a certain way that I want these wallpapers to be done, so failure to follow even one rule will lead to immediate disqualification. However, should anyone get disqualified, they can always enter again. I’m just saying to be careful. Now, onto the rules!
- Must have the name of the “newspaper” at the top.
- Must also have a date near the top (Ex: Monday, January 2, 2012).
- Must have at least two articles/stories, and at least one picture.
- Any “articles” that are on the “front page” of your paper must be somewhat readable (you can’t do just a bunch of lines and squiggles).
- I don’t think I have to tell everyone this, but NO STEALING!
- The word “Newspaper” must be in the tags and must start with a capital “N”. This not only shows me that you were paying attention, but also puts the submission under the same tag as the example.
- Limit is one submission only (but can enter again if the original submission was disqualified for whatever reason).
Other than that, you’re only limited by your own imagination, the standard rules of TheO, and what you can do with a computer. So as always, be creative and have fun. If anyone has any questions (and I’m anticipating a few) go ahead and ask in a comment or PM, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. Since I’m guessing that some of these wallpapers will take a little time to make, this’ll be a three-month long challenge. So take your time everyone.
I’ll be judging all entries by three things, neatness of the layout, how interesting the “articles” are, and any other personal touches you can think of. Like maybe the newspaper has a coffee stain on it, or a muddy footprint. So be as neat as possible, and also try and make it so everyone will want to read whatever newspaper you come up with.
- First Prize: 2 gifts and a wallpaper (if you want one)
- Second Prize: 1 gift
- Third Prize: I’ll sign your guestbook