Well hello there.
I think it's been a while since I've made a challenge, nay? This one won't be a "challenge" but it's an idea that popped into my head and I hope to see a lot submissions out of it.
**DISCLAIMER: This challenge is not meant to bring any offense to anyone. We are all entitled to our opinions. So even if someone is annoyed by and classifies something that you enjoy as "mainstream", do not be upset by it. Any hate comments will be reported immediately. This is all in harmless fun and there is no need for ANYONE to get upset or be disrespectful. I mean, for crying out loud I even like some "mainstream" bands myself.
-Basically, what I want from you guys is to make wallpapers featuring, what you think is the most annoying MAINSTREAM thing out there today.
We all how our own definitions of mainstream, right? Some people even consider classic rock bands mainstream since they're known by everyone. I'll try to explain my definition of mainstream the best that I can. To me, mainstream is anything that society and the media is constantly advertising and cramming down our throats via magazine, TV, radio, etc etc. Bands like Paramore, Black Veil Brides, Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, etc etc. Artists like Lady Gaga, Justin Beiber and Katy Perry. Movies like The Hunger Games and The Twilight series. Celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Aniston. You get the picture now? So even if this isn't your definition, that's what I think of it.
Pretty easy, right? I have a goal though. I'm hoping in two months we can get up to 100 entries in my challenge. I really like it when there is a goal in mind. It makes us all work harder and it brings us together I think. Even if this is a personal challenge, I hope people will still try :)
1. Effort please: No cropping a scan, slapping on some text and calling it a wall. Do something to the scan, add some textures and brushes and be creative about it. Failing to do so will result in immediate disqualification.
2. Proper Grammar! Look, all of us here are at least 13+. With that said, we should have a very good knowledge of what PROPER GRAMMAR is. No using "u" and "2" in your walls (unless of course you mean to have an actual number in it). If you type like "dis" and "lyke" and "luv" in the wallpaper (and possibly description >__e) it will result in immediate disqualification - Not just for the first entry, but for any to come.
3. Unlimited entries: Isn't that just obvious?
4. Be as kind, courteous and respectful as possible. Yes, this is a wall representing something that annoys you, but there's no need to bash and say "THIS BAND IS SO @$#%q#$ ANNOYING!" or "I HOPE THIS PERSON $#%#%$ DIES!". That's uncalled for and rude. You can say that you're "very sick of seeing them everywhere" or that "their music annoys you" or something, but be polite. If I see you being rude, you will be disqualified and not allowed to join the challenge again.
5. Include a disclaimer so no one gets offended: People can get preeeeeettyyy defensive when someone has a different opinion than they do or when someone doesn't like their favorite artist/band/movie/etc. So just so people don't start any wars around here, include a disclaimer stating something along the lines of: "This is merely my opinion. I do not mean to offend anyone who is a fan of (insert artist/movie/person here). I am entitled to my own opinion as you are entitled to your own. I respect your opinion so please respect mine." That is one thing so many people forget to have - respect. Even if you don't agree with someone, at least respect them. If I see a wall with no disclaimer in the description, I will remind you to put on in there. You can even use the one I typed up if you like. Just have a disclaimer!
6. Quality! Anything of poor quality will be disqualified immediately.
Everyone is entitled to join the challenge. If I invited you, do not feel obligated to join unless you want to. :3
Well, I think that pretty much covers everything. If we don't get to 100, then so be it. I hope we can try though! :3
Two months people!