Hello and welcome to Keba's Anime and Manga Place (KAAMP for short)! Here at KAAMP, I write about anime and manga that I have seen/read as well as my views on them. I'll also post about my original stories from time to time.
Just beware that some of my posts contain spoilers. I'll put them in spoiler tags just in case.
KAAMP's history: KAAMP was created in July 2002 by yours truly. It was a sloppy-looking website on Yahoo's now defunct Geocities. I posted my anime fan art on that site. Also, for a time, I posted my thoughts on the few anime series that I had seen. Now that I look back on it, my thoughts were rather ill-informed (is that even a word?) because I had only seen bits and pieces of anime dubs. Now that I've seen more series, I think that my commentary on various anime will be a little better than before.
So, come on in and stay awhile! KAAMP is now in session.
Introducing theOtaku's unofficial Full Counter Anime Poll.
You know that thing going on with the voting and all. Having learned that a randomizer was involved, I think the poll selection wasn't entirely fair. I know there wasn't enough room for every series, but the selection seemed a little... off without certain well-known titles (*cough*Sailor*cough*Moon*cough*).
Now, I still encourage everyone to vote in the official polls. What I'm trying to do is make a list of favorite anime, as nominated by Otakuites. It would be more of a countdown than a poll, so as not to infringe on the official polls.
If you guys like this idea, I will amend this post with rules/how to nominate/other stuff. If there isn't much interest, I'll just scrap the idea. So, whacha think?
OK, we're gonna do this guys! Cue epic battle music.
I want this post to go viral. Er...
Da rules (read 'em 'cause you'll need 'em):
1. PM me with your 10 (for now-- I might ask for 10 more) favorite anime. 2. Nominations will be by PM ONLY. Comments with your 10 favorites will not be counted. 3. There does not have to be an order to your top 10. 4. Don't worry if you nominate the same series as someone else. That's actually a good thing because then that series will be ranked higher. 5. The length of the list depends on how many different anime are nominated. 6. The cutoff time is open-ended. I'll give a one-week warning before the polls close. 7. Series will be listed by "umbrella" names. That means, if a series has a sequel, reboot, or spinoff, they will be listed under the name of the original. 8. Please list the series by their English names, if they have been translated. You may disregard this if the official English title is the same as the Japanese. I only made this rule because I can't keep all the original Japanese names straight. If you want to include the original Japanese title, please do so in parentheses alongside the English title. If you're not sure what your favorite series is called in English, Anime News Network and Anime-Planet are good places to check. 9. I know that rules 7 and 8 have some "fuzziness" to them, so if you're unsure about something, feel free to let me know, and I'll do my best to clarify it for you.
Bonus AwesomePointz (TM):
1. Keep checking back. Things can change, so I'll post updates.
2. Promote this post! The more people who participate, the better. And I'll give you a present.
3. Have fun! (But you knew about that already.)
Update: We have our first submission! Keep 'em coming, guys. This also made me realize that I had to amend rule 8. To summarize, if the official English title is in the original Japanese, you don't have to translate it. I knew there would be some "fuzziness".
Lately, I've been reading about all kinds of stuff on Anime News Network. I have a few things to report from there.
First, I saw this poll about what villain you'd want to befriend. Although I didn't vote (I had to have been a registered user for that), I had to blog the results. I was kind of happy about a certain someone who made the top 10. And now I'm curious about Assassination Classroom. Is that one any good?
Second, Sailor Moon Crystal 2? For real? This has to have blown my mind. If this is true, it's time to whip out the party hats and celebrate. My only concern is if the second series is also going to be 26 episodes, and how they're going to cram in the three remaining story arcs without it feeling rushed. Actually, I kind of already know the answer to that. But I'm not trying to be a downer. I really am happy they're going to do this.
Also, I'm kind of surprised by the SmartBoy. I'd totally want one. Too bad my phone is an Android.
There are other things that interested me, but I'd be at it all day to find and post them. After all, I got things to do. Like watch anime.
This is going to be an art/anime-related rant post. Don't worry; I'm not attacking anyone.
Reasons why I'm frustrated:
1. I may have bought the fabric for my vest, but I don't know what to do now. Apparently, I need a pattern. I don't know how to choose the right one. Guess another trip to the fabric store is in order. I just hope I don't make a fool of myself. Or have to buy lessons on how to execute the pattern. 'Cause money's tight.
2. The pressure sensitivity isn't working on my Bamboo tablet. I just contacted Wacom for help about that, but in the mean time, I CAN'T DRAW THE STUFF I JUST STARTED. I was going to make some surprise gifts for people. And do livestreams. My complimentary premium thing on Join Me is gonna run out, and I wanted to take advantage of it. *Cries.*
3. Although I finished drawing 28 characters from three series for the Sketch Marathon, I don't know what series to go through next. Also, I was going to make the cover page digitally, but I can't (see #2 above).
4. Not only has the anime adaption of The Seven Deadly Sins concluded without my watching a singe episode, THERE HASN'T BEEN AN ANNOUNCEMENT OF IT BEING LICENSED. Don't tell me the US companies have been competing for it for half a year. And if Netflix really DID get it, why haven't they said anything? (Note: If you've seen Knights of Sidonia, how long did it take for Netflix to say, "Ha-ha we've got exclusive rights." I know Netflix likes to sit on series until they finish and then post them, but was the announcement made prior to that?)
5. I can't log in to Hulu. This has been going on for a while now. A few days ago, I contacted Hulu for help. They replied instantly saying, "We can't locate your Hulu Plus account." Well, that's because I DON'T HAVE ONE. It's just a regular account. I told them that (without caps lock abuse), and I haven't heard back since. Thanks a bunch, Hulu. Now I can't watch series for "mature audiences" because without my account, I have no "proof" that I'm an adult. (Just for the record, I'm not That Guy. I'm not into X-rated material, but I will watch the occasional not-meant-for-kids thing. And by Hulu's standards, stuff like Attack on Titan is for "mature audiences".)Edit: I actually fixed this one on my own, just now. I reset my password and everything worked fine.
OK, now I feel a little better after having gotten that off my chest. Just needed to vent a bit.