Sorry for not posting anything for a while. This time I want to explain some basic features of photoshop, yet those features are VERY important in making wallpapers. I often use these features.
1. Layers : layers may seem trivial, but what makes Photoshop easy for editing pictures is layer. When editing pictures, make sure you do everything in different layers. For example, create new layer when you want to use gradient. Create new layer again when you want to use brushes. Don't worry about ended up in lots of layers. You can always merge them using Ctrl + E whenever it is necessary.
2. Blending option : this one is located in Layer window. The default setting is Normal. Blending option is important for creating a totally different look on a wallpaper. Try combining textures by changing their blending option. First, place a texture or anything for background (leave the blending option to Normal). Then, add more textures on top of it and change their blending options. You will be surprised at how some textures can blend nicely.
3. Clone Stamp (Shortcut = S) : important to erase unwanted marks or scratch. This tool can be used to fix photographs as well. Simply hold Alt then click on the area that you wanted to use as a source. Then click on the area you want to change. This may take several practice to do it neatly, but it's really useful.
4. Selection Color : can be found from Image --> Adjustment. This is a simple way to change the color of certain part of the picture. For example, the character's clothes was red. Click on Selective Color then Colors = red. Change the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black parameter until you have the desired color.
5. Wave : can be found in Filter --> Distort. Wave is a quick way to create an astonishing background. You can create waves or boxes. All you have to do is just playing with number of generators, amplitude, and wavelength. You can also change the type. First of all fill the layer with gradient, then use Wave. If you want to, you can create another layer and use another gradient. Use Wave again, then change the Blending Option.
6. Gaussian Blur : a trick to fix a low resolution picture. However, as this trick is simple, you cannot fix a very low resolution by this. First, duplicate an image layer with Ctrl + J, then change the blending option to screen (if it is too bright, undo the step and decrease the brightness of the picture). Then Filter --> Blur --> Gaussian Blur and make it around 7.5. You can use Ctrl + J repetitively if the result is still not clear enough.
7. Levels : can be found in Layer --> New Adjustment Layer. This is important when you want to color your manual drawing. Play with the white side to clear the outline, but not too much.
That's it for now... More to come!!
Any feedbacks and comments are welcomed
Background by me. This one was created using ONLY wave ^^ you can use this as long as you credit me.
Another background I created... this one also (like the 1st one) purely used basic materials from photoshop. The only additional part I added is feathers (brushes, which I downloaded from www.brushes.obsidiandawn.com).
Anyone is welcomed to use it, but don't forget to credit me!
Hello everyone this is my first post ever here after changing this world's name. As I promised, I will guide you all into the world of making wallpapers
Anyway, this time I just want to talk about the easiest step a.k.a finding resources of course, Photoshop itself has already provided some good stuffs, but there are lots of wonderful resources you can find on the net.
Here is my sites of recommendation :
There are still plenty of them. You can click on each sites' affliates. From these sites, you can download some stuffs, they are :
1. PNG : this is the image file. What makes PNG special is the background is already transparent, so you don't need to bother cutting it. Very few PNG still has background, but it can be easily cut either.
2. Brushes : the common format is .abr. Brushes are also VERY important. You can add snow, flowers, etc to your wallpapers. All you have to do is copying the .abr file to Adobe Photoshop --> Preset --> Brushes folder.
3. Textures : this is important to avoid any "just-ordinary" looks on your wallpapers. No one will possibly want their wallpapers to look dull or plain, right? Here's the solution. Textures can be used as mere backgrounds, or for more variation you can combine them by changing their blending mode.
I hope I did alright in explaining things. If anything you feel hard to understand, please leave a comment or PM me. I would be more than happy to explain it elaborately for you
This is my creation. All I do was adding some textures and combining them by changing the blending mode...^^ still, I love the result!